Top 20 Tools/Words of Wisdom 2017
When I first had the notion of gathering women together in a safe space to share, support, and educate each other, I was open to how this monthly sisterhood would evolve and take shape. Over the last 3 years, the bonds, connections, trust and healings that have grown out of these Circles has been quite wonderful!
My initial hope was that the women would leave the Circle with a nugget of information, a new connection or an"aha" moment they didn't have when they arrived. This would carry them forward in their personal efforts of transformation, growth and in opening their hearts and minds to new perspectives and ways of thinking.
What has become abundantly clear is that sisterhoods are a force to be reckoned with! Our meeting of minds and hearts has provided so much compassion and love out of which tremendous words of wisdom have and continue to surface!
Each month I have attempted to record the important suggestions, tools, and ideas that emerge in order to provide a centralized resource for any woman interested in self growth and transformation. While each Circle begins with a specific topic, it is often the digressions of conversations that have held the most magic for everyone!
As 2017 draws to a close, I thought I would highlight the top 20 words of wisdom, which repeatedly come up month to month in our Circles and serve as an illuminating light and guide in our efforts to live our best lives!
As always, I ask that you add your own thoughts and suggestions in the comment section of the blog so together we can serve and hold each other up as women have historically endeavored to do for centuries!
1. Meditate daily. Learn to quiet the mind and tap in to your heart
2. Go out in nature and connect with its beauty and wisdom
3. Practice gratitude--start and end each day with a list of what you're grateful for
4. Learn the art of forgiveness for yourself and others
5. Trust in your inner voice, the universe and a higher power
6. Let go of fear, worry and outside stressors as they don't serve any purpose
7. Practice daily rituals that keep you centered, grounded and in joy
8. Remember to stay in the present moment--no lingering in the past or anxiousness about the future
9. Practice self acceptance and self love
10. Extend kindness to yourself and to others---throw judgement out the door
11. Stay in touch with your desires and unleash your creativity
12. Use prayer to surrender to a higher power
13. Re-pattern your thoughts--"Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change." (Dr. Wayne Dyer)
14. Eat consciously--to feel healthy you must be mindful of what you put in your body
15. Surround yourself with like-minded people
16. Laugh, laugh, laugh, laugh, laugh
17. "Feel your way" to feeling good
18. Use daily visualizations and affirmations
19. Use essential oils as medicine for emotional, spiritual and physical health
20. Always be aware of and use your breath. It is there to serve you
NOW IT'S YOUR TURN. PLEASE ADD YOUR SUGGESTIONS BELOW!