For those of us on a spiritual journey focused on soaking up the wisdom of the masters before us, one of the most important teachings that emerges time and again as the springboard for creating ones best life is --Change your thoughts and you can change your life!
The late renowned author and speaker in the field of self- development, Dr. Wayne Dyer, coined the phrase:
If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change
Noted American developmental biologist Dr. Bruce Lipton teaches us:
Our beliefs control our bodies, our minds, and thus our lives....
The moment you change your perception is the moment you rewrite the chemistry of your body
Thelate motivational author and speaker Louise Hay teaches us:
Every thought we think is creating our future
It seems pretty easy when you think about it, but changing longstanding patterns of thought and beliefs takes a lot more than one would think! It also requires us to conquer learning to Trust and learning to Let Go---two of the toughest concepts for those on a journey towards self-awareness. Learning to trust in oneself, trust in a higher power and trust in letting go is hard work and takes a dedicated practice!
If one decides to choose a "better feeling thought" to shift ones' energy to a better place, (as taught by the channeled non-physical entities known as Abraham), one has to trust it will work, be able to let go of attachments and connections to "ego" and believe at a soul level that disposing of old thought patterns will most certainly make room for new ones.
According to Dr. Bruce Lipton, our belief systems and thought patterns are programmed in our subconscious minds through our experiences in the first 6 years of our lives.
The subconscious mind is a million times more powerful than the conscious mind and we operate 95-99% of our lives from subconscious programs.
Getting to the subconscious is not so easy. It takes perseverance and requires us to change our habits. So where and how does one begin to start creating a better life by choosing to think better thoughts and beliefs?
The ladies in our Circles shared their strategies:
* You must first make yourself aware of your thought patterns to be able to make the switch to better ones. Practice listening to your thoughts so you can consciously choose to change them
* Start directing your thoughts by choosing a better feeling thought as taught by Abraham. Don't over do it and try to jump from a disastrous thought to a blissful one at once---move slowly up the "better feeling thought" ladder
* Try and teach yourself to think from your heart--let higher emotions like compassion and grace inform your thinking instead of just ego and judgement
* Learn to trust your inner voice, your soul and your intuition in order to shift your thoughts and reframe them to a "higher vibration or frequency"
* Use your breathe to calm yourself and get back to your center and inner knowing when you
find yourself thinking thoughts driven by panic and fear
* Tap in to your desires as a way to find your purpose, which will innately guide you to
thinking better thoughts
* Try to access the momentum of positive thinking and build upon it
* Try thinking with new and fresh perspectives to see how it makes you feel or where it might lead
* Keep a positive attitude as much as possible, catch yourself when you're in a negative thought trajectory
* Always remember to stay in the present moment with your thoughts
* Learn how to forgive yourself to make it easier to change your thinking processes and beliefs
* Remember judgement cannot reside alongside positive thoughts and beliefs
* Remind yourself daily that the cells in your body react to your thoughts (the science of Epigenetics) so it's in your power to create your life through the thoughts and beliefs you choose to think
Are these strategies helpful for you? Do you believe you can think your way to a better life? What practices help you to do so? We could all use more tools in our arsenals! Please add your wisdom below.